New playpark just what the doctor ordered
- Credit: MAURICE GRAY
Stalham Town Council chairman, Dr Duncan Edmonds, spearheaded a long campaign to transform a 'spare' piece of land.
A new play park in Stalham is just what the doctor ordered.
Town Council chairman, Dr Duncan Edmonds, spearheaded a campaign to transform a 'spare' piece of land in Millside.
And councillors, volunteers and parents gathered to officially open a new play area for youngsters in Stalham.
Deemed unsuitable for housing because of its narrow access, the plot had been unofficially adopted as a play area by local youngsters.
You may also want to watch:
But the council were keen to upgrade the facilities on offer.
As well as new swings and slide, they have added a swing wheel and climbing planks.
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 3 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 4 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 5 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 6 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 7 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 8 Teen in serious condition after bank holiday crash
- 9 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 10 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
Dr Edmonds, who officially opened the revamped playground, said: 'It had taken some time to install and replace the equipment to a safety standard which can be costly, but the area needed to be available for the children as a healthy option.
'Although the play area is overlooked by surrounding houses, it is very important to have the help of parents and guardians, to help supervise.'