New photos taken in Norfolk mark Princess Charlotte’s first birthday
- Credit: PA
New photographs of Princess Charlotte, taken by her mother the Duchess of Cambridge at their home in Norfolk, have been released to mark her first birthday on Monday.
The young royal was introduced to the public on the day of her birth, May 2, 2015, and like her older brother Prince George, those first images of the tiny infant were captured by the world's media.
She was named Charlotte Elizabeth Diana in tribute to her grandmother Diana, Princess of Wales and her great-grandmother the Queen.
The four new pictures offer an intimate snapshot of how the young princess has grown up during her first 12 months.
A spokeswoman for William and Kate said: 'The Duke and Duchess are very happy to be able to share these important family moments and hope that everyone enjoys these lovely photos as much as they do.'
You may also want to watch:
Charlotte's privacy has been carefully guarded by her family and during the past year she has only been seen in public on one other occasion, her christening.
On that day George stole the limelight when he stood on tiptoe to peer into her pram and chatted to the Queen, who bent down to speak to her great-grandson.
Charlotte has only been seen in a handful of pictures to mark events like six months after her birth, her first Christmas and most recently in a group picture with the Queen's other great-grandchildren and youngest grandchildren to mark the monarch's 90th birthday.
- 1 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 2 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 3 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 4 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 5 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 6 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 7 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 8 Jailed this week: Abuse, assaults and burglaries
- 9 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 10 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub