New partnership could lead to future investment in Lowestoft and Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Rhenus Offshore Logistics UK
A new partnership agreement and venture by a leading European offshore logistics company could signal further investment in the East Coast economy.
This is according to Greg Howlett of German offshore logistics provider Rhenus Offshore Logistics UK, which has recently established a presence in the UK with the opening of an office in Lowestoft in June 2016 and an offshore supply base in Great Yarmouth.
The venture sees the offshore logistics provider partner with Yarmouth-based supply chain management specialists, Beckett Logistics Management.
Mr Howlett, business development manager at Rhenus said: 'This signals a significant level of investment from an outside party looking to take advantage of the wind farm, oil and gas opportunities in this area.
'This partnership offers a cost effective logistical solution that may help a lot of companies in these fields.'
You may also want to watch:
He added: 'For Rhenus Offshore Logistics, this is an important step in our UK growth and provides us with the scope and facilities required to supplement our service package.
'Supply runs and offshore logistics are our core business, however this new venture supports our scope and enables us to offer the full logistical solution as well as coordinate all activities in house, which is important to us.'
- 1 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 2 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 3 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 5 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 6 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 7 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 8 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 9 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 10 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
From the supply base in Great Yarmouth, which launched at the turn of the year, a team of eight workers provides supply chain management - including cargo runs, storage and crew transfer - to offshore energy industries, such as gas, oil and wind farms.
Mr Howlett added: 'We know of a number of operators and companies who have already asked us about our experiences in the UK, and in this area locally, as they are looking to invest as well. We have obviously given positive feedback and a lot of people seem to be quite pleased that company of our stature and turnover would want to invest in this area.
'The idea behind this is to rekindle a lot of the existing skill sets locally and invest in the offshore opportunities that are here,' said Mr Howlett.
For more information about the partnership email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 01502 509231.