New owners for 27-year-old Deopham diner
An American-style diner which has been welcoming customers for more than 25 years has been handed over to new owners.
Nick and Margaret Mitchell, who set-up Nick's Diner in Deopham, near Wymondham, put their business on the market in February after deciding to retire.
Last week they were giving new owners - husband and wife team Craig and Sara Armitage - some pointers on running the successful restaurant, which they officially waved goodbye to on Sunday.
Mr Armitage, who lives in Deopham and has been a customer of the diner himself, said he does not intend to the change its name or menu.
'The diner will continue in the same vein as it has done for the past 27 years. We want to add some bits to it but because it's been here so long and is well established the last thing we want to do is mess with it too much,' he said.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Armitage, who formerly ran the White Lodge pub in Attleborough about 20 years ago and has since been working in the building trade, said new plans for the diner include extending its opening hours.
He added that he jumped at buying the restaurant, in Church Road, after reading about the sale in the Eastern Daily Press.
- 1 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 2 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 5 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 6 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 7 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 8 Former factory site to become a new church
- 9 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 10 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
'I always thought about going back to my roots and we said wouldn't it be lovely if Nick's Diner ever came up for sale and it did. I immediately ripped the article from the newspaper and showed my wife and the next day we went down there and started negotiations,' he said.
Mr and Mrs Mitchell have ambitions to move permanently to their second home in France.