New opening date for delayed pool and gym facilities
- Credit: Submitted
The opening of a refurbished swimming pool, which have faced a number of delays, has been put back again.
The Phoenix Pool and Gym in Widgeon Way, Bradwell was due to open at the start of the school summer holidays but was pushed back to September 1.
Now the leisure facility is due is to open on Wednesday, September 14 after a £1.9m redevelopment by the borough council.
Developed in partnership with centre operator Sentinel Leisure Trust and strategic leisure partner Pulse, Phoenix Pool and Gym worked has been done to refurbish the pool hall, improve spectator seating.
There will also be an improved swim school, new thermal spa pool-side offering, new changing areas, new reception/entrance area and new online sign-up and class booking services.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Penny Carpenter, chair of the housing and neighbourhoods committee, and deputy council leader, said: 'This 21st century redevelopment by the borough council is a great boost for local sport and fitness opportunities and I encourage everyone, including families, to visit during the opening week, try the new state-of-the-art facilities, and find out more about what's on offer.'
During opening week residents are invited to visit during opening hours to be given a tour by staff and find out more about membership.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 4 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 5 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 6 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 7 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 8 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 9 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 10 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
And on the open weekend – Saturday, September 17 to Sunday, September 18 – residents are invited to try the facilities and services, with the centre running free taster sessions for group fitness, free fast-track inductions and gym sessions, plus some free fun sessions in the pool for the kids.
The centre also has a new 60-station fitness suite, featuring the latest cardiovascular equipment along with resistance kit and a functional training area, plus a new multi-functional group fitness studio, which will have a great range of group fitness classes each week for members to enjoy.