New Norfolk brewery needs just £100 to get off the ground
- Credit: SIMON FINLAY
Berries and fruit foraged from fields and hedgerows are being put to use at a new Norfolk brewery - to flavour its beer.
Business partners Mike Deal and Mark Goodman are launching Wildcraft Brewery, which they hope will come to rival Brewdog in its success.
And the duo are just £100 short of their crowdfund campaign to raise £20,000 to kick-start the business, which they will use to convert a barn in Hevingham into their new base.
Mr Deal, who works in education, said: 'I have been brewing for about five or six years. It started when I was walking my dogs and got bored, so I began picking the hedgerows.
'I tried brewing wine but it took too long, so I tried beer and it was a success.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr Deal, 36, said he hoped the beer would be available in pubs, and would also be sold in bottles.
'We are determined to keep the philosophy of using as many foraged ingredients as possible,' said Mr Deal, of Old Costessey. 'Those we can't get through foraging will be sourced from local suppliers and growers.'
- 1 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 2 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 3 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 4 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 5 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 6 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 7 7 of the prettiest streets in Norfolk
- 8 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 9 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 10 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
The brewery hosted its first tasting session in Norwich at Vudu on Prince of Wales Road last month to test their beers on more than 200 people in the country's City of Ale.
Mr Goodman, of Hevingham, said: 'The event was really well received and we got some positive feedback.
'Norwich has such a great beer scene and we're very lucky to be a part of it.'
To help the project reach its goal before the end of today visit www.crowdfunder.co.uk/wildcraftbrewery