New luncheon club supporting people living alone to open in Thorpe St Andrew in 2018
- Credit: Archant
A new luncheon club will give people living in isolation the chance to socialise when it opens in Thorpe St Andrew next month.
The Thorpe Luncheon Club will provide people with a freshly cooked two-course lunch in a relaxed and friendly environment for just £7.50.
The club, which is located at Roxley Hall on Yarmouth Road, is a partnership between the town council and Buddies Day Service.
Ian Mackie, town mayor, said: 'The town's Dementia Café launched in July is already going from strength to strength, and this new project, designed to target those who may be on their own, will provide a lovely community facility for those who want to come and socialise and have a freshly cooked, locally sourced, hot meal.'
The club launches on Thursday, January 25 from 12pm to 2.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Call 07876689859 and leave a message to register an interest.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 6 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 7 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 8 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 9 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 10 Woman who died in A47 collision named