New Long Stratton resident looks to get village fit
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
A fitness instructor has started a new gym teaching exercise, martial arts classes and massage therapy.
Jamie-Lee Weller, who lives in New Buckenham, has started J W Core in Wellesley Road, Long Stratton to help his customers not only lose weight and tone up, but also understand the importance of moving and feeling better.
He said: 'Knowing your body and improving its function through corrective postural and movement based exercise, you can prevent injuries, reduce the risk of serious illness and greatly improve your physical capabilities- especially important for individuals of a slightly more advanced age.'
Mr Lee Weller recently moved to south Norfolk from Surrey where he worked as a freelance personal trainer and sports therapist, travelling to clients houses to train them.
He said he has also worked with professional racing drivers, providing gym-based training and event support, travelling with them to circuits in the UK, France and the USA.
You may also want to watch:
He also worked as a strength and conditioning coach for a Championship rugby team and ran two Kung Fu and Kickboxing clubs for nearly 11 years.
Classes are available for first time exercisers to individuals with medical conditions referred by their doctor and the professional athlete aiming to further adapt to the demands of their sport.
- 1 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 2 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 3 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 4 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 5 Robbers knock out boy, 14, and steal trainers from his feet
- 6 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 7 Appeal for rescuers to come forward following Sea Palling incident
- 8 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 9 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 10 Gypsy and travellers await planning appeal result
The gym opened on October 6.
Was your New Year's Resolution to join a gym and have you kept going? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.