Another Lidl supermarket opens in Norfolk
A multi-million pound new discount supermarket has opened its doors in a market town for the first time this week.
German retail giant Lidl arrived in Wymondham on Thursday, June 28 on Farrier Close, just off of the A11.
The new store has created up to 40 full and part time jobs, includes toilets and a baby-changing facility, and has been received on social media with enthusiasm.
Iain Trice, from Wymondham, said on Facebook: 'Just been to the opening of the new Lidl store in Wymondham. Lots of free goodies like chocolates flowers and free bags for life.'
Colin Rimmer, Lidl UK's regional head of property, said: 'We would like to thank all those who have played a part in bringing this new Lidl store to Wymondham.
You may also want to watch:
'It is great for us to be able to create more jobs and investment opportunities in the area, and we can't wait to start serving our multi-award winning products to the local community.'
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 6 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 7 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 8 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 9 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
- 10 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat