New home help service started in Hales
A couple from Hales have started their own home help service after retiring from Adult Services after 35-years.
Mark, 58, and Alison Stannard, 57, of Yarmouth Road, decided to start the business after retiring from Suffolk County Council and Norfolk County Council, respectively.
Now running their business, Rely Home Help Service, the couple want to help bridge a gap they believe exists in care services.
Mrs Stannard said: 'We want to offer a reliable, friendly and professional home help service to older people living in the Loddon and surrounding areas.
'Our services are aimed primarily but not exclusively at older people and we will make sure to make contact them on a regular basis to help people with small but essential daily or weekly household activities.
You may also want to watch:
'We can also offer a service to give carers an occasional or regular break.'
Mr Stannard added: 'We are really a Norfolk/Suffolk service and we want to help people living in rural areas to combat social isolation too.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 3 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 4 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 5 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 6 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 7 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 8 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 9 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 10 Power cut hits Norwich city centre
'We can also help steer people in the right direction for their on-going and changing needs.'
The former local authority social care managers also plan to offer companionship as well as help with chores and housework but added currently they do not offer personal care.
• For more information call 07715 321350 or visit www.relyhomehelp.co.uk