New garden display hopes to inspire visitors to get creative in their gardens
- Credit: Keith Whitmore
A new garden display has been opened at a Norwich garden centre to inspire visitors for their own gardening creations.
The Notcutts garden was opened on May 11 at the Notcutts Garden Centre in Daniels Road, Norwich.
There are four separate areas within the garden - The Retreat, a tranquil spot to sit and enjoy the view over the garden. Shady Corner - which is filled with tree ferns, azaleas and rhododendrons that thrive in shade. Seasonal Colour, which is alive with vibrant colours all-year-round and The Table, in which culinary kitchen plants and herbs are the star of the show.
Featuring over 700 plants from 60 different varieties the garden took horticultural experts more than three weeks to complete.
Richard Greenacre, centre manager at Notcutts Norwich said: 'We're delighted with the beautiful Notcutts Garden at Notcutts Norwich and we'd like to thank everyone who joined us at our official opening event.
You may also want to watch:
'The garden celebrates the best of what we do at Notcutts, to provide expert advice and inspiration to customers with all levels of gardening experience, and with outdoor projects of all sizes.
'Over the years, Notcutts has won 50 Gold awards at RHS Chelsea Flower Show, so we're pleased to bring our expert experience to Norwich with a stunning garden design to inspire our customers.'
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 3 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 4 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 5 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 6 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 7 Couple in 80s given hospital treatment after alleged assault in village
- 8 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 9 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 10 New owner of business park could have lost trade without purchase
Speaking at the event the Lord Mayor of Norwich, Marion Maxwell said: 'It was a privilege to be invited to open The Notcutts Garden and I was absolutely blown away by it. Notcutts is a real asset to Norwich.'
The Notcutts Garden is open to visit for free all year round at Notcutts Garden Centre Norwich. Notcutts Norwich has recently undergone a refurbishment and is the first of Notcutts' 18 garden centres across the country to have a garden of this kind. Throughout 2017, which marks Notcutts' 120th anniversary year, further gardens will be created.