New feeder bus service to run through villages between Bungay and Beccles
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2015
A new bus service commences next month travelling through many south Norfolk villages.
The bus starts at Bungay at 7.04am and 5.04pm and heads towards Ditchingham and then on to Beccles via Broome, Ellingham, Kirby Cane, Geldeston and Gillingham, arriving Beccles at 7.35am and 5.35pm. The route then runs in reverse to Bungay.
The service is funded by Norfolk County Council and will be free for the first few months to establish the demand.
It will be a Bact feeder service to compliment the Simonds 581 service which operates during the day.
It will enable passengers to link to bus and rail services to Lowestoft and Norwich.
You may also want to watch:
The service will operate Monday to Friday from April 24 and a timetable is available at www.bactcommunitytransport.org.uk.
Anyone can use the service and people can flag the bus down in between stops and the driver will stop as long as it is safe.
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 3 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 4 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 5 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 6 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 7 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 8 Do you recognise this man?
- 9 'Very calculated predator' - how jailed abuser befriended pupils' families
- 10 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday