New fashion chain looking to set-up shop in Southwold
A FASHION chain is advertising new jobs after submitting plans to open a new shop in Southwold.
Aubin Wills, the sister fashion label to the upmarket clothing brand Jack Wills, is looking to open a branch at 94, High Street. It is advertising on its website for a store manager, supervisors and sale assistants.
Plans have been submitted to Waveney District Council for the installation of two 3D fascia signs, a hanging sign, and hand-painted window graphics.
But property developer Wm Denny and Sons, based on Southwold High Street, has objected to the proposal, claiming the signs are not in keeping with its status as a listed building.
In documents submitted to Waveney, the company says: 'The proposed white panels and white paintwork to the property would completely change its appearance. Further more these proposals would have a dramatic and damaging effect on the present street scene of Southwold High Street.
You may also want to watch:
It adds: 'Southwold is a unique town with a character all of its own reflected by the various buildings and street scenes which they create. This uniqueness must preserved and guarded and the high street, will, if are not careful soon look like any other high street.'
For more information visit http://www.aubinandwills.com
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 Man in 20s drowned in Bawsey Country Park lake
- 3 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 4 Bungling car thieves dump £92,000 Range Rover
- 5 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 6 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 9 See inside the 'tiny mobile homes' built from scratch for £95,000
- 10 Norwich bar gets back licence after tearful appeal by owner