New farmers’ market to launch in Swaffham
A new farmers' market will launch in Swaffham this weekend following the success of a one-off event.
The market held at the Brecks Food and Drink Festival went down a storm with more than 3,500 shoppers attending.
More than 75pc of the stalls were sold out before 2pm and its popularity has prompted independent company City and Country Farmers' Markets to introduce a twice monthly market in the town,
The inaugural event will run in the Market Place from 10am to 3pm on Sunday and on the first and third Sundays of the month after that.
There will be stalls from some of the best local producers plus interactive art sessions, a circus workshop and performance and a children's climbing wall.
You may also want to watch:
Chris Elder, director of City and Country Farmers' Markets, has thanked residents in Swaffham and beyond for making the initial market such as success and is encouraging local firms to take up a pitch.
The Kent-based company has also sent its thanks to the organisations which have helped to get the new market off the ground, including Swaffham Town Council, the Iceni Partnership, Swaffham's Green Parrot health food store, and local councillors.
- 1 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 2 Man and woman found dead in home
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 6 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 7 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 8 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 9 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 10 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
Visitors to Sunday's market will be tempted by a range of tasty treats including local cheese, rare breed pork, artisan breads, real ales, cider, pork pies, cakes, tarts and elderflower champagne.
For more information, call 0208 83029010, email info@weareccfm or click on www.weareccfm.co.uk.