New facility launch at the Kirkley Centre to showcase the best of the community
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press, Archant}
A new community training kitchen in South Lowestoft is to be opened with a celebration event.
To mark the opening of the community training kitchen and hot desking office at Lowestoft's Kirkley Centre a celebration is to be held on February 9 showcasing the best of the local community.
The new training kitchen is fitted with domestic equipment, so that skills can be easily converted to the home environment and has space for up to 10 people, with five ovens.
The new hot desking facility will allow small businesses and organisations to have a low-cost professional base and business address in Lowestoft.
As well as showcasing these new facilities, there will be stalls from local organisations and charities such as Talent Match, Suffolk Family Carers, Realise Futures, Open Door Carer Support, NHS, Lowestoft Ogogo, Lowestoft Rising, YMCA, Metachick, Community Action Suffolk and Kirkley People's Forum.
You may also want to watch:
Kareena Chapman, manager at the Kirkley Centre, said: 'We are looking forward to some great courses being provided to local residents in our new facilities. The training kitchen will enable new opportunities for the community and we're hoping to meet new organisations who would be interested in using our hot desking office.
'The Kirkley Centre is very much at the heart of the Lowestoft, with many community activities already taking place here.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 5 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 6 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 7 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 8 Norfolk roadworks to be aware of this week
- 9 Caravan catches fire in Norwich
- 10 Top five Norfolk campsites according to Tripadvisor
'We encourage local organisations to use the versatile spaces we have, with special rates available to any courses which fulfil a social need.'
The celebration event will be open to all and is taking place on Thursday February 9 from 10am to 4pm.
A live cooking demonstration will also take place in the new training kitchen hosted by Realise Futures from 10am.
The Kirkley Centre is a unique business and training venue in Lowestoft which offers a professional, friendly and flexible space to hold meetings, training courses, community groups or conferences.
For more information call 01502 558353, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Kirkley Centre at 154 London Road South, Lowestoft, NR33 0AZ.
Alternatively visit the Kirkley Centre website for more news: www.communityactionsuffolk.org.uk/locations/the-kirkley-centreDo you have a story? Email email@example.com or call 01502 525820.