New DVD shows best of popular 2017 Old Buckenham Airshow
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A DVD featuring behind-the-scenes footage of a popular Norfolk airshow will allow people to relive one of the region's most spectacular flying displays.
Thousands of people gather every year for the Old Buckenham Airshow to catch the familiar sights of rare aircraft, aerobatic displays and to take part in the numerous on the ground activities.
MORE: Old Buckenham Airshow announces first acts for 2018This year was the show's most successful ever, with crowds treated to a spectacular aerial display on Saturday, July 29 which included a Hawker Hurricane, Supermarine Spitfire MH434 and North American P51D Mustang dubbed 'The Shark'.
MORE: Thousands gather for 2017 Old Buckenham AirshowA 25-tonne, four-engined Boeing B-17 'Sally B' also stole the show on the Sunday.
But if you missed the extravaganza or just want to relive the weekend, a DVD which is more than 70mins long has now been launched with some great behind-the-scenes features about the show.
MORE: Why do we love the Old Buckenham Airshow?It includes a feature on the impressive Brendan O'Brien, who holds more aviation records in history and wows the crowds at the Norfolk event with the only truck top landing event in the UK,
There is then an extensive interview with senior air traffic controller Ian McDowell and a feature on Nigel Willson, one of the most admired flying instructors in the UK.
A number of the stunning displays are also shown - including Air Vice Marshal Cliff Spink, who is seen flying the highly unusual P-51D Mustang 'Sharkmouth' with shark's teeth painted on the nose.
You may also want to watch:
The DVD shows the final pass of the Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress, 'Sally B', with smoke appearing from two of the four engines in what is described as 'the biggest act in the airshow world'.
And there is also amazing footage of the pilot of a Yak 52 aerobatic plane commentating from the cockpit whilst performing a 'Lomcovak' - one of the most difficult manoeuvres to perform, with the aim being to make the aircraft seem like it is tumbling out of control.
- 1 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 2 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 3 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 6 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 7 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 8 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 9 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 10 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
Amazingly, he maintains commentary with no change in his voice throughout - despite g-forces of a serious nature on every axis.
The DVD costs £12 plus postage and packaging.
You can pre-order a copy here.