New date confirmed for opening of Co-op and post office in Cromer
- Credit: Archant
The date for the opening of a new Co-op supermarket and post office in Cromer has been changed.
The Post Office previously announced that it would be opening on June 8, but that date has been revised to June 22.
A Post Office spokesman said: 'The refurbishment of the former Budgens' store into the Co-op supermarket is progressing well. The premises where Cromer Post Office is based are due to re-open on June 22.
'The Post Office will then be open Monday to Saturday from 7am to 10pm. This will be an extra 12 hours of service a week including later closing every day. This will make it more convenient for customers to visit.'
A Co-op spokesman confirmed that its store would be opening on June 22.
You may also want to watch:
The lack of a post office has inconvenienced many customers, and North Norfolk Labour candidate Stephen Burke said: 'It's crazy that Cromer has had to put up without its post office for so long.'
- 1 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 4 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 5 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 6 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 7 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 8 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 9 'Very high risk' paedophile who groomed 12-year-old has sentence doubled
- 10 Farke hammers Tzolis for penalty antics in City defeat