New crackdown on cross border crime in Norfolk and Suffolk launched
An innovative approach to tackling cross border crime is being introduced this week across the county boundaries of Norfolk and Suffolk.
Operation Breakout, a joint initiative piloted by both Norfolk Constabulary and Suffolk Constabulary, is designed to combat overnight crime along the county boundaries of Breckland, South Norfolk, Forest Heath and Mid-Suffolk.
The operation is in response to analysis which shows that rural areas are often targeted by criminals.
It will involve:
<t> High visibility patrols, with officers from both forces patrolling together. These will be carried out between 8pm and 4am along the border area.
You may also want to watch:
<t> Targeting those suspected in involvement of rural crimes including burglary, vehicle crime, theft of metal and fuels.
A spokeswoman said: 'Operation Breakout will combine the knowledge and experience of local officers from Norfolk and Suffolk, who will work together to enhance the policing service to rural communities by disrupting those who carry out crime in the areas around our border.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: Norwich City Council LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 5 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 6 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 7 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 8 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 9 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 10 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
'This intelligence-led operation is a local policing solution to a local policing problem. We have designed it to make the best use of our available resources, for the benefit of local communities.'
The operation is currently running as a pilot in the run-up to Christmas.