New coffee shop unveiled as Sams at Marram Green opens
- Credit: Archant
A new community coffee shop has opened its doors in Kessingland.
Lowestoft-based Sams Coffee Shop, which is part of Access Community Trust, opened the coffee shop at Marram Green in Kessingland on Monday as part of a new initiative to support the local community.
As Marram Green is the site of 32 residential flats and a library, the new coffee shop is open to local residents and the general public as it features freshly cooked meals, breads and sweet treats as well as coffee and specialist teas.
Antony Parke, customer experience manager at Access Community Trust, said: 'The Sams brand has proven itself to be a great success, being named Suffolk's Business Innovation of the Year 2017. The opening of another Sams has already been a tremendous success and it is fantastic to see so many residents benefitting from freshly cooked food and being able to socialise with each other over lunch.
'Reducing social isolation is one of our key business objectives, and to see so many people together talking with each other when otherwise they may have been sitting alone, possibly with a microwave meal, is hugely rewarding and typical of the difference Access makes.
You may also want to watch:
'We've also had many local people from Kessingland visit us and they've been delighted with the service, the fresh food they've eaten and our amazing teas and coffees. Our master baker has already proven to be a very popular person.'
Sams at Marram Green is open from 8am to 3.30pm, Monday to Saturday, and features a pre-bookable menu for residents and an open menu for visitors.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 3 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 4 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 5 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 8 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 9 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 10 What happened when The Only Way Is Essex was filmed in Norfolk?
If you would like to consider volunteering at either of Sams Coffee Shops, contact Emma Langdale on 01502 527200.