How can Hunstanton’s sea defences and cliffs be protected?
- Credit: Ian Burt
A new coastal management plan is being drawn up for Hunstanton.
It will enable West Norfolk council to deecide the best way to maintain the resort's sea defences and reduce the rate of erosion to the cliffs.
Ian Devereux, its cabinet member for environment, said: 'We'd like to hear the views of people living in the area throughout the creation of this coastal management plan for Hunstanton, and you can find ways to have your say on the dedicated page on the borough council website.
'This first stage of the plan involves reducing a long list of options for dealing with the risk to Hunstanton's coastline to a short list, and we want your feedback on this.'
Details of the plan can be found on the Hunstanton coastal management plan page via www.west-norfolk.gov.uk.
You may also want to watch:
Consultation events will also be held at Hunstanton Town Hall on Tuesday, February 27 and Monday, April 9 (2 - 5pm).
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 3 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 4 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 5 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 6 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 7 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 8 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 10 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?