New charity boating weekend to support Benjamin Foundation is launched
- Credit: Archant
A charity boating weekend on the Broads to help families cope with life's challenge has been launched.
Ferry Marina, in Horning, has donated its fleet of 31 holiday cruisers to the Benjamin Foundation for Benjamin's Boating Weekend, a fundraiser encouraging families and businesses to enjoy a weekend out on the Broads in aid of the cause.
The weekend - Saturday, October 15 to Monday, October 17 - was launched at the marina yesterday and was the brainchild of Ferry Marina director Hazel Funnell, a keen supporter of the charity.
She said they play a 'vital role' in supporting children, young people and families. 'There is the obvious feel good factor of donating money to a truly worthy cause, plus this is a fantastic opportunity to explore the Norfolk Broads in a way that many people haven't before,' she added.
Tony Ing, chief executive of the foundation, said: 'For more than 21 years The Benjamin Foundation has been helping people across Norfolk, and more recently into Suffolk, to deal with some of the challenges that life throws at them, from everyday problems such as finding affordable childcare or training, to heart-breaking issues like homelessness, bullying or abuse.'
For more information on the charity, click here and for details on the event, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 01603 883933.
You may also want to watch:
Are you organising a fundraising event? Email email@example.com
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 4 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 7 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 8 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
- 9 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument
- 10 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone