New chair lets Sophie who has cerebral palsy relax with her family
- Credit: Archant
A girl with Cerebral Palsy is now able to safely relax with her family thanks to a donation.
Sophie Frosdick, eight, from Great Yarmouth needs specialist postural support as she could easily fall off the family sofa.
She needed a specially designed chair called a PPod which would be more comfortable and safer to sit in and provide postural support.
The chair will reduce the risk of spinal deformity and has a harness to ensure Sophie can't fall out.
Mum Sonya Frosdick said: 'The new PPod means she is back at the heart of family life. When she was unwell last week she was able to sit in her chair, comfortable and secure, rather than be in bed all the time.
You may also want to watch:
She added: 'Sophie is happier than ever, sitting in her new PPod.'
Staff from the River Island store in Norwich raised £828 for the Newlife charity to purchase the specialist chair for Sophie to be able use at home.
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 3 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 4 MPs join the call to suspend gallbladder surgeon
- 5 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 6 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 7 Popular railway will 'cease to exist' as soon as this year
- 8 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 9 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 10 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash