Busker’s Corner comes to Hunstanton
- Credit: Archant
Hunstanton is set for a summer of music as a new busking event comes to the seaside town.
On Sunday, July 8, local musicians will be performing folk, Americana, and rock and roll in the Hunstanton Heritage Gardens at a Busker's Corner.
The idea for the event came from music enthusiast Ian Wells, organiser of the annual Hunstanton Folk Festival.
He said: 'I've always thought what a good idea it would be to encourage musicians to perform live by having a place for them to play in public, and now the borough council have made it happen.
'The Hunstanton Heritage Gardens are an ideal venue for an afternoon of free live music, and we're inviting everyone to come along and enjoy it. 'We're hoping that if the event is a success we'll be able to repeat it, so help us make it one.'
You may also want to watch:
The event begins at 11am until around 3pm at the Busker's Corner by the Victorian pavilion and crazy golf.
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 3 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 4 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 5 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 6 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 7 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 8 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 9 Dinomania tour heading to Norfolk with giant dinosaurs that move
- 10 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years