Busker’s Corner comes to Hunstanton
- Credit: Archant
Hunstanton is set for a summer of music as a new busking event comes to the seaside town.
On Sunday, July 8, local musicians will be performing folk, Americana, and rock and roll in the Hunstanton Heritage Gardens at a Busker's Corner.
The idea for the event came from music enthusiast Ian Wells, organiser of the annual Hunstanton Folk Festival.
He said: 'I've always thought what a good idea it would be to encourage musicians to perform live by having a place for them to play in public, and now the borough council have made it happen.
'The Hunstanton Heritage Gardens are an ideal venue for an afternoon of free live music, and we're inviting everyone to come along and enjoy it. 'We're hoping that if the event is a success we'll be able to repeat it, so help us make it one.'
The event begins at 11am until around 3pm at the Busker's Corner by the Victorian pavilion and crazy golf.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 3 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 4 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 5 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 6 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 7 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 8 'Ghetto' fears raised over scheme for 725 new homes
- 9 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe
- 10 Which Norfolk hospital has the longest ambulance handovers?