New Buckenham to receive Post Office outreach service
A Norfolk village that has been without a Post Office for almost six months will benefit from the opening of a new outreach service next month.
New Buckenham Post Office, in Lovells Market Place, closed last August following the resignation of the subpostmaster.
However, the Post Office announced that services will resume next month at a different location after an outreach deal was agreed, which will be hosted at the Kings Stores, in King Street, New Buckenham.
It comes after Sue and Simon Cattermole, who run the next door butcher's store, opened the Kings Stores in October.
The new outreach service will be provided by the subpostmaster based at Banham Post Office on Wednesdays from 9.30am to 12.30pm. And this will begin from February 22, despite a period of public consultation that runs until March 6.
Wendy Hamilton, Post Office spokesman, said: 'Our priority is to safeguard Post Office services in the longer term. The establishment of a hosted outreach service presents the best possible solution to enable us to restore Post Office services to New Buckenham.'
'The same range of services will continue to be available. Customers can still collect benefits in cash using our everyday banking services or Post Office card account. The premises will have level access with a wide door. Internally, there will be a hearing loop and space for a wheelchair.'
- 1 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 2 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 3 Row erupts after dozens of trees aligning footpath chopped down
- 4 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 6 Christmas lights switch-on cancelled due to forecasted high winds
- 7 Freezing cold temperatures could see snow in parts of Norfolk this weekend
- 8 Fire crews tackle large barn blaze
- 9 Primary pupil sexually assaulted on way to school
- 10 Significant damage to church after metal stolen from roof
Residents can comment on the plans for an outreach service in New Buckenham by writing to Post Office Ltd, c/o National Consultation Team, PO Box 1138, St Albans, AL1 9UN, via email to email@example.com and via the customer helpline on 08457 22 33 44.