New book edited by Pádraig O Lúanaigh of the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital opens up a world of nursing
- Credit: Archant
The library at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital (NNUH) has welcomed a new addition to its shelves - edited by one of the hospital's own members of staff.
Dr Pádraig O Lúanaigh, the NNUH's deputy director of nursing, visited the library to gift the first copy of a new textbook he edited titled Nurses and Nursing: The Person and the Profession.
Mr O Lúanaigh said: 'This book is an example of what can be achieved when nursing colleagues work effectively together. While many of the chapters challenge current thinking, they also encourage and identify the huge potential nurses have in creating productive, safe and quality health services.
'It was very important for me to present the first copy of this exciting new textbook to the NNUH library. Every day at NNUH I see shining examples of excellent nursing practice and I hope that colleagues and other visitors to the library will find the book useful in informing their ongoing clinical development.'
You may also want to watch:
Book opens up a world of nursing
The book is for sale around the world, and includes chapters from nursing experts in the UK, USA, New Zealand, Ireland and Australia.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 2 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 3 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 4 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 5 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 6 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 7 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 8 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 9 Norwich bridal shop named among best in UK
- 10 Could you offer one of these rescue animals a forever home?
Mr O Lúanaigh was joined by Professor Lisa Bayliss-Pratt, Health Education England's director of nursing, who wrote one of the chapters and was in Norwich to be part of the International Nurses' Day celebrations at Norwich Cathedral on May 12.
Lorna Wilson, NNUH Trust librarian, said: 'One of my greatest pleasures is to read a new book, so it's both a pleasure and a privilege to be the recipient of a copy of a brand new book donated by its editor, a member of our Trust, to celebrate Nurses' Day this year.
'Nurses and nursing promises to be popular addition to our library shelves. Its international perspective encourages readers to explore and recast their nursing practice. I'd like to thank Pádraig for his generous donation.'
And Emma McKay, director of nursing at NNUH, said: 'I'd like to congratulate Pádraig on his fantastic achievement; I know that a lot of hard work has gone into bringing this book to fruition.
'We're so pleased to have the first copy available in our hospital library and I know lots of our staff will be keen to find out more.'
Copies of Nurses and Nursing: The Person and the Profession are available to buy online here.