New big wheel set to arrive on Yarmouth seafront ready for Easter
- Credit: Supplied
A new big wheel is set to arrive on the seafront next week ready to be open for Easter.
The observation wheel will be located by the boating lake at Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach.
The 33m (108ft) structure is due to arrive in the town on Monday, March 14 and should be open in time for Good Friday on March 25.
Before arriving in Yarmouth, the attraction has already proved popular at a number of tourist spots across the country, including at the Olympic Park for the London 2012 games, at Leicester Square in London last Christmas and outside Birmingham's new central library.
The last time there was a big wheel on the seafront was in 2009, and at night it could be seen from the Acle Straight on the approach to the town when it was lit up.
You may also want to watch:
A ride on the wheel is due to cost £5 for adults and £4 for children, with family discounts and OAP reductions expected to be announced shortly.
The ride is being delivered from the Elegant Wheel Company in Weston-super-mare.
- 1 'We haven't slept': Primark shoppers queue outside city store from 3am
- 2 Couple sell 'amazing' converted water mill after two-year renovation
- 3 People queue at Norwich Primark an hour before 7am reopening
- 4 Hospital's walk-in vaccine clinic suspended after poor attendance
- 5 Streets of Norwich packed as lockdown rules ease
- 6 Lanes closed after lorry hits A47 central reservation
- 7 Months of resurfacing work on Norfolk's roads to start
- 8 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 9 Eight pints pulled in first three minutes as pub's 'happy hour' returns
- 10 Boss unhappy over fake worker's 'vile' comments about Prince Philip