New artwork in the grounds at The Norfolk Hospice, Tapping House
- Credit: Ian Burt
Colourful birds have been around the tranquil and peaceful gardens of a hospice as part of an art project involving Norfolk schools.
A selection of birds including flamingoes, parrots and king fishers were created by Burnham Market Primary School and have been placed around The Norfolk Hospice Tapping House at Hillington.
Pupils, staff and teachers helped create the pieces and went to see the pieces now they have been placed around the grounds for everyone to admire in all their splendour.
It is hoped they will be a long term fixture, and will at least remain there for a number of years.
Sally Collier, is from the North West Norfolk Decorative & Fine Arts Society based in Sedgeford, which provided funding and co-ordinated the project with artist Jessica Perry.
You may also want to watch:
She said: 'The children thoroughly enjoyed creating the birds and at the same time sensitively learned about the role of the hospice.'
It also helped students from Fakenham Academy's Sixth Form produced for the hospice a mural of Hunstanton Cliffs and photographs of scenes around Norfolk by former student Jonathan James.
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 3 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 4 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 5 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 6 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 7 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 8 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 9 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
- 10 Harley-Davidson motorcyclist dies in A134 crash
Lynn Lockheart, from The Norfolk Hospice said: 'We are grateful to North West Norfolk Decorative & Fine Arts Society for arranging and funding these projects.'
• Is your school working on a project for local charity? Email firstname.lastname@example.org