New apprentice sushi makers sought at leading seafood producer Ichiban
- Credit: Archant
Apprentice sushi makers are being sought at the UK's largest manufacturer of the seafood.
Working with West Suffolk College in Mildenhall, Ichiban - which means number one in Japanese - are looking for 12 people to help it produce its own label and branded sushi for the UK market.
The move has been brought about by the introduction of more innovative technology at the privately-owned firm's Earl Stonham factory, which means more staff are needed.
The new apprentices will be food process operatives and will gain experience in every operational department.
Once they have finished their apprenticeships, there will be opportunities for career progression within the company.
Phil Stittle, director of business development at West Suffolk College, said: 'It is fantastic to be working with such a forward thinking company as Ichiban.
'They are addressing a skills requirement by using the apprenticeship programme and bringing new talent into the business.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 3 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 4 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
- 5 Norfolk's oldest woman dies, aged 110
- 6 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 7 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 8 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 9 Fury at bikers' who rode over dead seal pup
- 10 Fire crews called to house fire in north Norfolk
'This is a great opportunity to learn all about food processing and potentially progress into other areas of the growing business.'
Ichiban's site operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week and employs more than 450 staff - from production operatives to engineers specialising in the art of making sushi from start to finish.
More details of the apprenticeships and how to apply can be found oat www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeship/-95710