New Aldi store in Norwich opened by Olympian Tim Baillie
Olympian Tim Baillie officially opened Aldi's fourth store in Norwich, which has brought 40 jobs to the area.
The athlete, who won gold in the London 2012 canoe slalom, celebrated his 38th birthday by opening the Hall Road.
It is the first of two new Aldi stores to open in Norwich this year.
Children from Edith Cavell Academy School's choir treated customers to a sing-along at the store, before receiving shopping bags full of fresh fruit from the supermarket.
The store is 1,254sqm in size and has 574 free car parking spaces.
You may also want to watch:
The new store has created 40 new jobs, with Aldi saying they are paying workers at least £8.53 per hour - higher than National Living Wage of £7.50 an hour.
Store manager Stuart Calver said: 'We're really pleased to be opening another store in Norwich and we hope this will make our products more accessible to people in the south of the city.'
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 4 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 10 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
The store is open 8am to 10pm, Monday to Saturday, and 10am to 4pm on Sundays.