New £750,000 attraction heading to Great Yarmouth seafront
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Pleasure Beach boss Albert Jones is again bringing a landmark attraction to Great Yarmouth's seafront in time for Easter.
The Elegance Wheel spent the summer in Southsea, Hampshire, but will take up its place on the Golden Mile, providing a towering feature that will visible be for miles.
Mr Jones said he was delighted to bring a giant wheel back to the resort - this time with covered pods making it an all-weather ride.
He said: 'We realised last year because we had the open gondolas that people preferred them covered. It will provide a great visual advert for the town.'
In Southsea it was known as the Solent Wheel and famously had to be dismantled in October because of fears migrating geese would fly into it.
You may also want to watch:
The wheel has 24 carriages that seat up to six people. It is set to arrive in Yarmouth on February 22 and will take three or four days to put up.
It was made in Italy at a cost of £750,000.
- 1 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 4 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 5 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 6 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 7 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 8 'It's looking bleak' - City taxi firms respond to panic-buying at the pumps
- 9 Norfolk scams: Rogue gardeners and fake energy salespeople
- 10 Aldi to open 100 new stores with eyes on towns in Norfolk