New £1.2m health centre for Yarmouth
STEPHEN PULLINGER Plans for a new £1.2m medical centre in Yarmouth with space for four GPs will be unveiled at a public meeting later this month.
Plans for a £1.2m medical centre in Yarmouth with space for four GPs will be unveiled at a public meeting later this month.
It will take place on Wednesday next week, from 5pm to 7pm, at Cobholm and Lichfield Health and Resource Centre, the site of the new development.
Yarmouth and Waveney Primary Care Trust is working with Haven Health Properties, a specialist in primary health care, to relocate staff and patients from Nelson Medical Centre - housed in a temporary building in Churchill Road - to a new facility.
It will be a single-storey extension to the resource centre in Pasteur Road, Cobholm, which opened three years ago and provides a range of family health services.
A group is being set up for patients of the existing and new medical centre so they can work in partnership with staff to improve services. It will meet for the first time in the Churchill Road centre on February 7, at 7pm.
- 1 Prince Harry's ex marries north Norfolk hotelier
- 2 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 3 Fears over town gridlock as years of A11 improvement works begin
- 4 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges
- 5 Villagers' anger after meadow is mowed causing 'destruction' of plants
- 6 'It's a nightmare' - Roadworks leave town 'gridlocked'
- 7 'We will always miss you' - tributes to QEH pharmacist who died in A47 crash
- 8 Norfolk glamping site with natural pool named among UK's best newcomers
- 9 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 10 Tractor being used for A11 roadworks had faulty brakes
Anyone wanting more information should call Lindsey Smith on 01493 851264, who should also be contacted by people planning to attend the meeting.
If planning permission is given, it is hoped work will start by the end of June and be completed in March or April of next year.