Networking event at Norwich Cathedral raises �350 for bereaved children’s charity Nelson’s Journey
The bi-annual Big Breakfast event held by Breakaway Networking Group at Norwich Cathedral raised �350 for Norfolk bereaved children's charity Nelson's Journey at the end of last month.
The event was held in the cathedral refectory on Thursday, May 24 and Joseph Long, chairman of Breakaway, chose Nelson's Journey as the charity to benefit from the event.
Mr Long said: 'I am delighted that we have been able to raise some much needed funds for Nelson's Journey.
'I first heard of Nelson's Journey when they helped a friend's family through what was a very tough time for them and I was really touched by the difference that they made.'
Sophie Berry from Nelson's Journey added: 'Breakaway have provided Nelson's Journey with a wonderful opportunity to raise awareness of our work in the local business community. We are very grateful to Joseph for choosing to support us.
You may also want to watch:
'The money raised from the Big Breakfast will support our direct work with bereaved children.'
For more details about the charity, go to www.nelsonsjourney.org.uk, or for more information about Breakaway, go to www.breakaway.co.uk
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 4 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 5 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 8 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 9 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 10 City draw up target list