Charity to hold its first gin festival in Norwich
- Credit: Richard Jarmy photography
A Norfolk charity is preparing to launch its first gin festival.
Nelson's Journey, working with Van Vino Norwich, will be holding the drinks event on Friday, May 31 at The Great Hospital on Bishopgate.
Guests will be invited to sip gin and enjoy music from a DJ and a live saxophonist while raising money for the bereavement charity which helps children and young people cope with loss.
Over 60 different bottles of gin entered into the World Gin Awards have been donated to Nelson's Journey to enable the event to take place and there will be three gin stations on offer with one specialising in cocktails
Louise Flynn, event co-ordinator for Nelson's Journey said: 'We are very excited to be hosting this brand new event.
You may also want to watch:
'We hope this will be an opportunity for our guests to experience a fun evening in one or Norwich's beautiful city centre venues.'
Tickets for the event, which is sponsored by Swallowtail Print, cost £15 and are available here.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 4 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 5 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 6 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 7 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 8 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 9 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 10 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies