Nelson’s Journey receives continued support from Norwich choir
- Credit: Nelson's Journey
A cheque of £1,165 has been presented to Norfolk charity Nelson's Journey.
Last year, the Barbershop singers Fine City Chorus chose Nelson's Journey as their charity of choice.
The choir raised money for the charity from collections and a concert.
Brian Pincher, from the choir, said: 'We chose to support Nelson's Journey because we feel it is such a great charity, helping local children and young people to come to terms with the loss of someone close to them.'
Simon Wright, chief executive of Nelson's Journey, said: 'We're very grateful for the fundraising effort from Fine City Chorus. The number of bereaved children and young people referred to us following the death of a special person is growing.
You may also want to watch:
'We can only provide a service thanks to the brilliant support of local community groups. Our cause has certainly struck a chord with Fine City Chorus.'
To join the choir, contact Brian Pincher on 07795507421.
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 3 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 4 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 5 MPs join the call to suspend gallbladder surgeon
- 6 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 7 Popular railway will 'cease to exist' as soon as this year
- 8 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 9 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 10 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash