Nelson’s Journey children’s bereavement charity hosting virtual fundraiser for storytelling project
- Credit: NELSON'S JOURNEY
The deadline is quickly approaching to raise £5,000 for a project to help bereaved children tell their personal stories.
Norfolk's child bereavement charity Nelson's Journey hopes to raise £5,000 by 9.30am on Monday, March 6.
The money will help youngsters write down their personal accounts of loss which the charity hopes will break down barriers for others in similar situations.
Nelson's Journey launched the appeal in February 2017 and half of the £5,000 target has been raised.
The charity is hosting a virtual Crowdfunder Pledge Party on their Facebook page on Wednesday, March 1.
You may also want to watch:
Individuals and businesses in the community are being asked to pledge their support.
Sophie Berry, from Nelson's Journey, said: 'Too often we meet bereaved children who feel isolated following their experience, our project will provide a means for bereaved young people to communicate directly to the community.'
To support the Nelson's Journey Crowdfunding project visit www.crowdfunder.co.uk/diary-of-bereaved-children-in-norfolk
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 3 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 4 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 5 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 6 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 7 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 8 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 9 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting