Neil Morrissey films scenes for ITV crime drama Unforgotten in Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
A West Norfolk town will serve as a backdrop for hit ITV crime drama Unforgotten.
Actor Neil Morrissey was spotted shooting scenes for the third series in sunny King's Lynn this morning.
Cast and crew of the show, which focuses on investigations into cold cases, were seen filming outside the Maid's Head in the Tuesday Market Place.
Later in the day, the TV crew set up their specialist equipment outside King's Lynn police station in St James Street.
The crew had been filming in various locations around West Norfolk, including Hunstanton on Sunday where Mr Morrissey said the weather was not quite as forgiving. 'It wasn't so nice when it was -8C, we were right by the beach and it was absolutely freezing, not very pleasant to work in,' said Line of Duty actor Mr Morrissey.
When asked what he thought of King's Lynn, he said: 'I love it, it's a really pretty town.'
Mr Morrissey said he plays a suspect in the upcoming six-part series of Unforgotten, which will star Spooks actor Nicola Walker as DCI Cassie Stuart and Sanjeev Bhaskar as DI Sunil 'Sunny' Khan.
- 1 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 2 Woman in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 3 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 4 People are driving for hours to visit this loaded fries and doughnut kiosk
- 5 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 6 Obituary: Doctor, and son of Norwich's recycling empire founder, dies aged 69
- 7 One person taken to hospital after three-car crash on A47
- 8 Father accused of baby girl's murder 'had short fuse and made things up'
- 9 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 10 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
As well as Mr Morrissey, other new additions to join the BAFTA-nominated show include The Crown actor Alex Jennings, Pirates of the Carribean's Kevin R McNally and The Vicar of Dibley actor James Fleet.
The four men will play close friends who are implicated in the unsolved murder of a teenage girl whose body is found at a building site off the M1.
Mr Morrissey added: 'It will be really exciting and intriguing. I play a suspect, a bit of a sad man.'
The release date for Unforgotten season three is yet to be revealed.