Neil Morrissey films scenes for ITV crime drama Unforgotten in Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
A West Norfolk town will serve as a backdrop for hit ITV crime drama Unforgotten.
Actor Neil Morrissey was spotted shooting scenes for the third series in sunny King's Lynn this morning.
Cast and crew of the show, which focuses on investigations into cold cases, were seen filming outside the Maid's Head in the Tuesday Market Place.
Later in the day, the TV crew set up their specialist equipment outside King's Lynn police station in St James Street.
The crew had been filming in various locations around West Norfolk, including Hunstanton on Sunday where Mr Morrissey said the weather was not quite as forgiving. 'It wasn't so nice when it was -8C, we were right by the beach and it was absolutely freezing, not very pleasant to work in,' said Line of Duty actor Mr Morrissey.
You may also want to watch:
When asked what he thought of King's Lynn, he said: 'I love it, it's a really pretty town.'
Mr Morrissey said he plays a suspect in the upcoming six-part series of Unforgotten, which will star Spooks actor Nicola Walker as DCI Cassie Stuart and Sanjeev Bhaskar as DI Sunil 'Sunny' Khan.
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 3 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 4 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 5 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 6 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 7 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 8 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 9 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 10 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
As well as Mr Morrissey, other new additions to join the BAFTA-nominated show include The Crown actor Alex Jennings, Pirates of the Carribean's Kevin R McNally and The Vicar of Dibley actor James Fleet.
The four men will play close friends who are implicated in the unsolved murder of a teenage girl whose body is found at a building site off the M1.
Mr Morrissey added: 'It will be really exciting and intriguing. I play a suspect, a bit of a sad man.'
The release date for Unforgotten season three is yet to be revealed.