Neighbour’s shock as man’s body found in garden in Horning this morning
- Credit: Archant
The body of an elderly man has been found in a garden in Horning.
Police were called to a home in Parkland Crescent just after 8.10am following concerns for a person's safety.
On arrival, officers found the body of an elderly man in the garden.
A neighbour, who did not want to me named, described his shock at the death.
He said the quiet road was flooded with police activity from 8am this morning until around midday.
'I woke up and heard the police helicopter overhead and later a police officer rang my doorbell to reassure me,' he said.
'It's quite shocking in a street like this.'
- 1 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 4 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 5 Banksy work removed and put in museum due to local sensitivity
- 6 Police on hand as anti-vaccine protesters gather in city
- 7 Investigations continue after woman on mobility scooter assaults man
- 8 Hope for WASPI women as MPs back compensation call
- 9 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 10 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
The man who died is believed to be in his 70s and is understood to be living with his wife at the time.
Officers are treating the death as unexplained at this stage, but said it is not thought to be suspicious.