Neighbour’s shock as man’s body found in garden in Horning this morning
- Credit: Archant
The body of an elderly man has been found in a garden in Horning.
Police were called to a home in Parkland Crescent just after 8.10am following concerns for a person's safety.
On arrival, officers found the body of an elderly man in the garden.
A neighbour, who did not want to me named, described his shock at the death.
He said the quiet road was flooded with police activity from 8am this morning until around midday.
'I woke up and heard the police helicopter overhead and later a police officer rang my doorbell to reassure me,' he said.
'It's quite shocking in a street like this.'
- 1 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 2 Man arrested after passenger dies in Old Buckenham crash
- 3 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 4 Plumber's plan for 'enormous' garage in his back garden rejected
- 5 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 6 Police hunting for Norwich man wanted for three weeks
- 7 Manchester City owner eyes Norfolk horse racing enterprise
- 8 Suspect identified in seafront hate attack
- 9 Patient dies while waiting in ambulance for hospital bed
- 10 Ongoing roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
The man who died is believed to be in his 70s and is understood to be living with his wife at the time.
Officers are treating the death as unexplained at this stage, but said it is not thought to be suspicious.