Father died after overdosing on prescription medication
- Credit: Archant
A father with a history of drug use and mental health problems died after overdosing on medication, an inquest heard.
Nicholas Massey, 38, who lived with his mother on Tuns Road, Necton, died on July 25 after collapsing in his bedroom.
An inquest at Norwich's Carrow House today heard the father-of-one felt 'upbeat' before he died, after Norfolk Recovery Partnership (NRP) support.
Evidence from Mr Massey's mother, the Norfolk and Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust wellbeing service and NRP revealed Mr Massey had taken cocaine and heroin in the past and suffered with mental health problems.
He was taking medication for rheumatoid arthritis and seizures when he died.
You may also want to watch:
Assistant coroner Johanna Thompson said Mr Massey, who was 'devoted to his family' died as a result of 'taking an excessive quantity of prescribed medication'.
There was no indication he intended that.
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 5 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 6 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 7 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 8 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 9 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 10 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
His cause of death was bronchopneumonia, pulmonary thromboembolism and opiod toxity.