Father died after overdosing on prescription medication
PUBLISHED: 16:40 26 February 2018
Archant Norfolk 2016
A father with a history of drug use and mental health problems died after overdosing on medication, an inquest heard.
Nicholas Massey, 38, who lived with his mother on Tuns Road, Necton, died on July 25 after collapsing in his bedroom.
An inquest at Norwich’s Carrow House today heard the father-of-one felt “upbeat” before he died, after Norfolk Recovery Partnership (NRP) support.
Evidence from Mr Massey’s mother, the Norfolk and Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust wellbeing service and NRP revealed Mr Massey had taken cocaine and heroin in the past and suffered with mental health problems.
He was taking medication for rheumatoid arthritis and seizures when he died.
Assistant coroner Johanna Thompson said Mr Massey, who was “devoted to his family” died as a result of “taking an excessive quantity of prescribed medication”.
There was no indication he intended that.
His cause of death was bronchopneumonia, pulmonary thromboembolism and opiod toxity.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Eastern Daily Press. Click the link in the orange box above for details.