Neck warmer catches fire in microwave in Old Catton
- Credit: Archant
Two crews of firefighters were sent to a house after a neck warmer caught fire in a microwave.
The crews from Sprowston and Earlham arrived at the scene, in Mansel Drive, Old Catton, within four minutes of being called just after midnight.
The owner, who asked not be named, said she had put the neck warmer in the microwave to warm it up before she went to bed, but that when she went to the bathroom she heard the smoke alarm going off.
She said she saw white smoke in the kitchen, and called the fire brigade.
She said: 'I thought I put it on for two minutes. I don't know what happened. Maybe I switched it on for too long.'
Firefighters used hose reel jets to extinguish the fire, and then used a positive pressure ventilation fan to clear the smoke. They gave the all clear at 12.55am.
No-one was hurt, and the owner stayed with friends overnight.
- 1 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 2 Council leader arrested after suspected drink driving on Christmas Day
- 3 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 4 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 5 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 6 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 7 Woman in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 8 Seven of the oldest Norfolk businesses
- 9 One person taken to hospital after three-car crash on A47
- 10 Revealed: Travelodge behind multi-million pound hotel development