Nearly 500 homes around Walcott still without power after lunchtime fault
- Credit: Submitted
Nearly 500 homes in the Walcott area of north Norfolk are still without power this afternoon as engineers battle to repair a fault on an overhead cable.
Power was lost at 11.45am affecting 686 customers. At 4.40pm, 492 were still without supplies. The rest were switched back on just before 1pm.
A UK Power Networks spokesman said: 'Engineers are still on site working as quickly as is safely possible to restore all outstanding customers currently still off supply.
'We understand how difficult it is being without electricity and apologise to customers for the inconvenience caused. '
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault