Nearly 39,000 cigarettes, 15kg of hand-rolling tobacco and 1,199 litres of alcohol seized in Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Norfolk Trading Standards
A large haul of illegal tobacco and alcohol has been seized in Great Yarmouth.
An operation to disrupt the sale and supply the products uncovered nearly 39,000 cigarettes, 15kg of hand-rolling tobacco and 1,199 litres of alcohol, all believed to be illicit.
Officers from HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC), with support from Norfolk Police and Trading Standards, visited 13 retail premises and two self storage units on Tuesday (February 21).
Two specially trained dogs and their handlers helped uncover cigarettes hidden in various parts of the shops.
The visits, as part of HMRC's Tobacco Taskforce activity, led to suspected illegal tobacco and alcohol products being seized from six premises.
You may also want to watch:
• 38,790 cigarettes, with an estimated £9697.00 duty evaded
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 4 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 7 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 8 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
- 9 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 10 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument
• 14.6kg of hand-rolling tobacco, with an estimated £2,892 duty evaded
• 600g Shisha tobacco, with an estimated £65.00 duty evaded
• 1,199 litres of alcohol, with an estimated £1,188 duty evaded.