Casualties freed after four separate crashes as hail hits NDR
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
Four vehicles have been involved in four separate collisions as a hail storm hit the NDR.
The crashes happened shortly after 5pm this evening (Saturday, February 2) on the NDR southbound carriage near Horsham St Faith, with firefighters having to free two casualties from an overturned car.
Crews from Carrow, Earlham and Sprowston attended the collisions and used hydraulic rescue equipment to release the trapped casualties.
Police and ambulance also attended and the southbound carriage remains closed at the Horsham A140 slip road as officers work to clear the scene.
Norfolk Police asked drivers to find an alternative route and to be aware of the weather conditions.
A spokesperson tweeted: 'NDR road closures due to RTC' .Road closure at Horsham r/b NDR off slip A140. Please use alternative route and drive to conditions.'
- 1 Woman in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 2 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 3 People are driving for hours to visit this loaded fries and doughnut kiosk
- 4 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 5 Obituary: Doctor, and son of Norwich's recycling empire founder, dies aged 69
- 6 One person taken to hospital after three-car crash on A47
- 7 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 8 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 9 War-time bomb lay dormant for 80 years before exploding under fishing boat
- 10 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk