Broads racing event celebrates 50 years of the iconic Yeoman yacht
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2019
It was the perfect weekend for sailors to push the boat out for the 50th anniversary of the Yeoman yacht.
The sun was shining for the Norfolk Broads Yacht Club's (NBYT) annual national championships racing event which took place over the weekend in Wroxham.
The event also celebrated the 50th anniversary of the Yeoman yacht, with the majority of the 200 boats that were initially launched still remaining on the Broads.
Early owners would race the boat on Wroxham Broad and a handful of the new 300 series were developed at the turn of the century.
Over the last few years, the boat's reputation has made it the first choice of many clubs for teaching keelboat sailing to all age groups.
You may also want to watch:
Scores of Yeoman yachts with colourful spinnakers set sail across Wroxham Broad on Saturday and Sunday, and winners of the races were handed prizes.
- 1 PE teacher banned after getting drunk and showing her breasts at school prom
- 2 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 3 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 4 'Incredible' donation pays for expansion of Norfolk's largest ancient wood
- 5 What counts as a substantial meal under Norfolk's tier 2 pub rules?
- 6 Man arrested after woman suffers broken collar bone in row over mask
- 7 'It's nonsense': Shoppers react to Norfolk's Tier 2 announcement
- 8 Commuter trains halted as Norwich to London line blocked
- 9 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 10 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates