Broads racing event celebrates 50 years of the iconic Yeoman yacht
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2019
It was the perfect weekend for sailors to push the boat out for the 50th anniversary of the Yeoman yacht.
The sun was shining for the Norfolk Broads Yacht Club's (NBYT) annual national championships racing event which took place over the weekend in Wroxham.
The event also celebrated the 50th anniversary of the Yeoman yacht, with the majority of the 200 boats that were initially launched still remaining on the Broads.
Early owners would race the boat on Wroxham Broad and a handful of the new 300 series were developed at the turn of the century.
Over the last few years, the boat's reputation has made it the first choice of many clubs for teaching keelboat sailing to all age groups.
You may also want to watch:
Scores of Yeoman yachts with colourful spinnakers set sail across Wroxham Broad on Saturday and Sunday, and winners of the races were handed prizes.
- 1 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 2 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 3 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 4 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 5 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 6 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 7 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 8 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 9 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars