National Volunteers Week: Care home near Lowestoft thanks volunteers
- Credit: Archant
Volunteers at a care home near Lowestoft have been showered with gifts to thank them for their dedication.
Oaklands House care home, based on Lowestoft Road in Reydon, asked the volunteers to come to the home on June 6 as part of National Volunteers Week.
Eileen, Pauline and Hazel give up their time to support residents through activities such as bingo, boat trips and keep fit classes.
Upon arrival each received a bouquet of flowers and a specially made cake.
Sandra Summers,Oaklands Home manger, said, 'Volunteers Week was the perfect time for us to show our wonderful volunteers how much we appreciate the work that they do.
You may also want to watch:
'We really can't thank them enough for the time they give us, which helps us make sure we are providing as many events and activities as possible for our residents.
'On behalf of the Oaklands team and all our residents, we would like to say a huge thank you.'
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 Pretty thatched cafe on Broads up for sale for £75,000
- 4 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 5 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 6 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 7 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 8 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 9 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 10 Child groomer caught by seven paedophile hunter groups