Naked man spotted running in the Breckland area
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press Â© 2011
Two men have been arrested in connection with a spate of exposures in the Breckland area.
The series of offences has seen a man expose himself to dog walkers, run naked through a churchyard walkers and strip off to a car drivers.
On each occasion, the man has approached women on their own in public places and a similar car has been spotted. Norfolk police believe the crimes could be linked.
The first crime took place at about 7pm on August 29, when an elderly female dog walker was approached by a man on the public footpath near Bradenham allotments.
It is believed he suggested to her that he wished to run naked before she walked off. He then approached her again completely naked but using his hands to cover his genitals, where he made lewd suggestions. A dark silver/grey old style Ford Ka was seen in the area immediately prior to the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Then on September 3 at 11am on Ashill Common, two elderly women were walking their dogs when they were approached by a naked man who claimed he was doing it for a dare before running off.
On September 5, at about 1.45pm, a woman in her 60s was driving from Watton towards Swaffham on the B1077 when she noticed a grey Ford Ka pulled over on the side of the road. A man was standing next to the car exposing himself and carrying out a lewd act. He had no top on and his trousers around his ankles.
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 3 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 4 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 5 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 6 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
- 7 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 8 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 9 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 10 City recruitment chief linked with Boro exit
A man was seen running naked through the churchyard at Shipdham on September 8, and most recently, on September 12, a woman in her 50s was walking two dogs in the Ashley Road area of Beetley when a man approached her in a blue/green metallic coloured Ford Fiesta or Ford Ka. He mentioned his friends would like to go naked jogging. She then saw the man again, this time walking, before he went into a gateway and reappeared naked, carrying out a lewd act and making inappropriate suggestions.
A Norfolk police spokesman said there was an offence at the beginning of the year with a similar pattern. It took place at about 6.50am on January 10 when a woman in her 40s was cycling past All Saints Church in Shipdham when she saw a man standing in the churchyard with his jogging bottoms and boxer shorts around his ankles exposing his genitals.
The two men who have been arrested in connection with these offences, a man in his late 20s from the Swaffham area and a man in his mid 20s from the Dereham area, have been released on bail pending further inquiries.