Mystery surrounds boat abandoned on Broads roadside
- Credit: Archant
Mystery surrounds an abandoned boat left on a trailer on the side of the road between Horning and Hoveton.
The matter has been reported to Broads Beat and police are trying to trace the owner.
North Norfolk councillor Paul Rice said it had been on the side of the A1062 near the Bewilderwood turn off between the two villages for about five to six weeks.
'There's been some discussion on social media about it and police are trying to find the owner but I'm not sure how far they have got,' he said.
'It's not really causing an obstruction to traffic but it can't be left there and needs to be removed.'
You may also want to watch:
The yacht, which has a registration number and is believed to be a Sea Hawk, appears to have slipped on the double axle trailer on which it was being transported.
Designed for coastal and inland cruising, many examples of Sea Hawks are found on the Broads where they were built between 1969 and 1998.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 4 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 5 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 6 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 7 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 8 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 9 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer