Mystery over set of temporary traffic lights causing delays on A47 Acle Straight
- Credit: Archant
Authorities are not quite sure who has put up a set of temporary traffic lights which are causing traffic chaos.
Drivers are facing up to an hour of delays on the A47 Acle Straight due to a set of temporary signals which were put up on Friday morning.
Highways England, which operate the trunk route, said they had not planned roadworks or maintenance on the route, and they also had not been informed of any other agencies carrying out works.
A spokesman said they should be informed ahead of any works on a route like the Acle Straight, even if emergency work had to be carried out.
He added: 'Drivers are facing 45 minutes to an hour extra on their normal journey times.
You may also want to watch:
'Traffic is moving but it is very slow, about 10mph heading in and out of Great Yarmouth.'
The planned roadworks at Fullers Hill are compounding the issue, as drivers are funnelled into one lane heading into town from the Vauxhall roundabout.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 3 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 4 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 5 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 6 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 7 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 10 Councillor accused of making sexist, racist and homophobic jokes online