My First Car: Little Ford Fiesta got me ‘reddy’ for road
- Credit: supplied
Sarah Kirk tells how her father gave her £150 Ford Fiesta a makeover and kept it running sweetly.
Having passed my test on June 4, 1991, it was time to get my first set of wheels.
My first car was purchased from Icknield Service Station in Luton where uncle had taken it in as a part-exchange.
My dad brought it for £150 from his brother and drove it back home from Luton.
The Fiesta was a dull grey when we bought it but dad sprayed it a bright red and fitted some spotlights and an air horn which was very embarrassing. He also added a stereo radio/cassette player which was attached under the dashboard.
I used the car to drive my sister, Angela, and myself to school each day. I was also able to take my friends to the Lads Club in Norwich.
As my dad is handy with cars, he was able to maintain my little Fiesta and make sure it ran OK.
- 1 Prince Harry's ex marries north Norfolk hotelier
- 2 Mum killed in A47 collision was ‘walking to Norwich’, inquest hears
- 3 Classic vehicle day coming to stunning gardens this weekend
- 4 7 pubs up for sale or rent in Norfolk
- 5 'Beheading' comment sees councillor reported to police
- 6 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 7 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges
- 8 Blackpool player cites Norfolk footballer as inspiration after coming out
- 9 Teenager suffers serious injuries in city crash
- 10 'Metal monstrosities' - Opposition to new East Anglia power line grows
She was very reliable during all the time that I had her, and I was quite sad when she was replaced.
We want to hear about your first car – where it was a memorable classic or a more modern motors. Send your memories of the car with a picture of it to email@example.com