Murder witnesses appeal
Police are today appealing for people to come forward who were in the vicinity of a murder scene in Reepham.A 30-strong police team is heading up the investigation into the suspected murder of an 80-year-old woman who lived in sheltered housing.
Police are today appealing for people to come forward who were in the vicinity of a murder scene in Reepham.
A 30-strong police team is heading up the investigation into the suspected murder of an 80-year-old woman who lived in sheltered housing.
Officers were called to a property on Sun Barn Walk on Saturday afternoon when the woman's body was discovered.
This morning police were refusing to reveal the identity of the woman until all her family had been informed.
But they did confirm the man arrested on suspicion of murder is still being questioned at Dereham Police Station. He is from the Reepham area and in his 60s.
Throughout the weekend police cars and tape surrounded the property where the woman died and people living close by said they were stunned by the incident.
- 1 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 2 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 3 Man arrested after passenger dies in Old Buckenham crash
- 4 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 5 Norwich man sentenced to life imprisonment after murder conviction
- 6 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 7 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 8 Police hunting for Norwich man wanted for three weeks
- 9 Plumber's plan for 'enormous' garage in his back garden rejected
- 10 Manchester City owner eyes Norfolk horse racing enterprise
Det Supt Chirs Hobley, who is heading up the investigation, said: “I would ask anybody who used the alleyway in Sun Barn Walk between 4.30pm on Friday November 2 and 10am on Saturday November 3 to contact me on 0856 4564567.